So you are new to juicing and want to know how to start? Shane lost 80 pounds by juicing and highlights proven ways to get started with juicing and more importantly to be successful and achieve your health goals.
I can always tell if Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead has been aired on tv because we get a flurry of questions from people who want to know how to start juicing. So Angie and I (who if you don’t know – lost a combined 160 pounds by juicing) decided to put this post together to give you our best advice on how to start.
- Download our Free Running On Juice Juicing Starter Guide. I wrote this free juicing starter guide in 2010 when I lost my first 60 pounds. That advice is still very relevant today and its FREE.
- The first juicing book I ever read and the plan I followed was written by Britain’s Jason Vale aka ‘Juicemaster’. It was his ’7lbs in 7 days‘ book that I used to complete my first ever juice fast. Since then Jason has written other books and produced juicing apps but I always refer people to ’7lbs in 7 days’ because it was the first plan I followed and its easy on the pocket at just under 12 bucks for the book.
- Joe Cross and his organisation have set up what they call ‘guided reboots‘. This is a very detailed plan for 15 or 30 days with a Reboot Coach.
‘A Guided Reboot is a group weight loss program that provides the support of a coach and camaraderie of fellow Rebooters throughout a 15 or 30 day Reboot. Our coaches help participants break unhealthy eating habits, while teaching the benefits of a plant-based diet.’
Many of the recipes are designed by Stacy Kennedy who is the nutritionist who features in Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. I had the pleasure of meeting Stacy at Camp Reboot and I can tell you she is very passionate about the benefits of eating and drinking more veggies so you are in great hands. The costs vary from $149 for the 15 day plan and $289 for the 30 day plan. So not cheap but the rewards can be priceless.
- I appreciate that times are tough economically for many of us right now so there are many free resources online to choose from. Google is your friend but here we list some of the sites we really rate and respect as giving fantastic juicing advice:
Free Juicing Plans
- JustonJuice – Donnie Toivola’s 7 day FREE Juicing plan.
- Joe Cross 3 day FREE Juice Plan as featured on Dr Oz.
- All About Juicing – 3 day Juice Plan
- Joe Cross FREE Reboot Plans!
Free Juicing Sites and Resources
- Reboot with Joe Cross
- Natural Juice Junkie
- Juicemaster (Jason Vale)
- Fitlife.tv (Drew Canole)
- Just On Juice
- All About Juicing
- Running On Juice Facebook page (we post daily)
- Jay Kordich
There are also plenty of really good Youtube videos and channels out there. You may enjoy these videos that we recorded when I achieved my goal weight which was 80 pounds of juicing weight loss.
None of the above juicing links and resources have any affiliate links nor do we receive payment for any of the above. Running On Juice’s mission is to get as many people juicing as we can and very often the hardest part is just getting started.
If you have achieved juicing weight loss and have used another site/plan feel free to share in the comments below.